Saturday, July 25, 2009

Keeping Busy

July in Texas = Very Very Hot Days. Not much fun for a girl who loves the cold weather! Big Sister does not mind the heat as much as I do, but in this summer weather she has been getting overheated very fast...so its been my job to keep her entertained either indoors or doing something that would keep both of us cool and Happy.

Here is some of the things we have done:







We made Jello Jigglers,













Danced around in Mama's shoes!













We made and ate popsicles....














that Little Sister got to enjoy with us!













We colored...












and painted.












On nice days we played at the park with friends,










played in the sprinklers,










And had fun in the pool!






I have to say that Big Sister has loved everything we have done, though some things I will wait until she is older to try again (the Jello!) because she did not understand it. It has been fun!

I was running out of ideas and when the first thing Big Sister said when she woke up from her nap this afternoon was "play outside!" - I knew I had to figure out something to do outside, that's when I remembered that we still had the baby pool from last year! Big Sister had a blast! Because Little Sister can't sit up by herself I put our Bumbo in the pool..... ****Warning**** Even with 12lbs of baby weight in it ---IT FLOATS! I was the weirdest thing, the Bumbo would only float on one side - poor Little Sister was lopsided the whole time she was in the pool!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to find you in the blog world. Your girls are so precious. It looks like you all have been having a blast.

    ReplyDelete