Monday, September 7, 2009

Terrible Two's

Last Wednesday morning, while K was out running a few errands, Little Sister was down for her morning nap and Big Sister was playing quietly in her room, I figured it would be a great time to work on my digital scrapbooking. After sometime had gone by, I started thinking to myself how nice it was that the house was so quiet - as soon as the thought popped into my head so did the warning sirens – I could not here Big Sister playing in her room, no musical toys were playing, no banging toy hammers on the wall, no tossing stuffed animals all over the house, nothing, just quiet. NOT a good thing when it comes to my child! If you have ever been around my two-year old, you should know that she is only quiet when she is doing something wrong or sleeping. I knew that there was only a very slim chance that she fell asleep – so I took off down the hall to see what she was getting into. As I was looking for her, I was trying to think of the worst things she could get into: Maybe she found a marker and was coloring the walls or maybe she found her way into our room and was getting into my jewelry again. NOPE.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so I will let these two do the talking…




Big Sister decided that Diaper Rash cream made great lotion and rubbed it all over her arms, legs, in her hair, and then she decided to taste it to see how good it was. When I walked into the room she was trying to get it out of her mouth – Apparently it does not taste that great. After a few quick pictures (I mean really who could resist getting a picture of that), I dropped her in the bathtub and called poison control (whose phone # I have now memorized thanks to Big Sister). The lady at poison control was very helpful, informing me that if she only ate a little of the cream that she will be fine and even if she ingested a lot of it she may vomit but nothing serious would happen. The funniest thing was that when I told the lady what Big Sister had eaten, she did not even have to look it up on the computer; I guess they get around 50 of these calls per DAY!


This kid is defiantly keeping K and I on our toes. It seems that the older she gets the more adventurous and inquisitive she gets. Sometimes we wonder if we will ever be able to keep up with her. But as I look back on that fateful Wednesday, I now know that I should have known – from the moment I thought she was playing quietly. Oh and it took 7 washes to get the cream out of her hair!!!

In similar news, Little Sister is also keeping us busy. She has hit the ‘cruising’ stage, pulling herself up to stand next to the furniture and ‘cruising’ around the house. A few bumps and bruises have occurred from the many falls that have happened. But just like her big sister, she shakes them off and keeps going. On Saturday she took her first bath in the big tub with Big Sister. They both loved playing in the water together and both were upset when it was time to get out. I love that Little Sister is finally getting to an age where they want to play with each other!!

I guess that’s all for now. Big changes are coming our way, but for now I will keep you all (or most of you) in suspense until we are ready to make the announcement and NO there is not a baby on the way! It is something big, exciting, and life changing…

3 comments:

  1. Once when I was 3 or 4 and my sister was 6 or 7, we found the baby powder and, boy, did it go everywhere! Of course, my mom has pictures of that too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA!!! Wow. Evie and Emmalee are TOO similar! Evie's incident this week, while we were at my parents house, was to get into her bath soap paint (a bright apple green color) and paint the room she was staying in. She painted the white carpet, the bed, etc. :) Sounds like they would be wonderful friends... and would make one heck of a mess together. LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I'm still waiting on the announcement on the big changes coming up!

    ReplyDelete