Disclaimer: I actually wrote this a few nights ago and was interrupted so I saved the post and am posting it now! I did not want to delete this fun memories that I had written down, so I am posting it now! :)
So, I think I may have actually found some time to sit down a write a blog. Amazing isn't it! Not going to lie, it is most likely because today Big Sister decided she wanted to set up her own little Easter egg hunt. Except she did not use eggs, instead she hid my TV remote and I still can not find it. Sigh. I guess I am going to have to forgo my NCIS time and write about life with my crazy kids! So here are a few things that we have been up to lately, not exactly in order but just as they pop into my head! Plus a few great pictures from the past few months...
Big Sister turned 4 this past week! Can you believe it?!? I am still trying to wrap my head around that one! Probably will finally come to terms with having a 4 year old about the time that is about to turn 5. That is exactly how the last 4 years have gone, why change it now! Well, anyway, back to Big Sister... Instead of doing a great big party, that she would probably never remember, we did exactly what she wanted to do. Which was, play in the park with friends! We invited a few of the moms and kids to the park on Wednesday (which was her actual birthday!) to come out and play!! I did make some 'Flower' cupcakes complete with dirt and worms :) for everyone to enjoy. The park party was a huge success! Big Sister had a great time and was completely exhausted by the time we got home. I did let her pick what she wanted to eat for lunch and she picked 'chicken nuggets from McDeeeeesss'... not a big surprise (sorry Savanna, for announcing on my blog that I feed my kiddos happy meals! LOL! ;) ! Overall the day was great and I really think she enjoyed her very special day, even though this week she has been telling everyone that she meets, in a very pathetic voice that her birthday is over. Hahaha! She cracks me up! There are a few really cute pictures that I will add at the end.
Other then our annual 'family birthday celebration week' (poor Little Sister's birthday is months away from her mom, dad, and Big Sister's!), we have spent a lot of time driving up and down the mountain. Recently we celebrated Easter with my folks. It was a great weekend and the girls were so excited that the Easter Bunny had found them even at Nona and Papa's house! I do not have any pictures of them in their new dresses on Easter morning because it was just to darn cold and the girls just wanted to play outside in the dirt! Over the weekend we went to a egg hunt at the local Nursery store, played with Nona & Papa's baby chicks, dyed eggs, and ate tons of candy! It was defiantly a good weekend!
Summer is moving in pretty fast here in the desert. I cant believe how warm it is getting. This will be are 1st summer here so it will be interesting to see how we fair through a real summer with 1000+ degree temps (not really, but it already feels like it is that hot and we are only in May!). I do not do well in hot weather, it makes me cranky... so I am going to apologize now for any complaining I do in the next few months! The one thing that we do enjoy about the warmer weather is the time we get to spend in the pool! We have a small blow up pool that we have been getting out every few days and both girls are loving every minute of it! Another huge plus to the nice weather, is that I found a great buy on Craigslist, I have been searching for a playhouse for the girls for a few years and we FINALLY found one! I love it and it was a great price! So far, I have had to pull the girls out of it every night in order to get them to bed!
Well, guess that is it for now! Here are a few pictures from our last few weeks... Enjoy!
Happy Birthday Princess!!
We Love You!!
(We do not have tons of pictures, but we had a great time!)
Easter Weekend!


No comments:
Post a Comment