This past week has been almost a miserable week in our house... It started off a week ago Monday when the girls started getting a little feverish and cranky. They had both come down with some sort of stomach bug and they were out of commission for a few days, spending most of their days fighting and crying for my lap. At the same time I was feeling quite crummy but just figured that it was more from the lack of sleep then anything else. Finally as the weekend came around, the girls were feeling better and we were able to get out of the house for a few hours on Saturday. Sadly, Sunday morning I woke up feeling worse then before and running a temp, so K convinced me to go in and get checked out. Well, it turned out that I was a little more then tired - I had strep. Definitely no fun. Thankfully, my Wonderful husband was able to take off a few days and watch the kids as I slept many hours away. Thanks to that and antibiotics - Today I am feeling like me again!
That was the Sick...and now for the Snow...
Like every morning, this morning the first thing I did when I got to the Kitchen was open the window blinds in the kitchen (I have found that looking out the window and watching for birds keeps the kids busy while I make breakfast). This morning I was quite sleepy so I quickly opened them and turned away to pour myself a cup of coffee and I heard Big Sister exclaim...."Oh Mama, Its Beautiful!!!"
Last night while we slumbered away in our warm beds, the snow started coming down and it has not stopped! This has only happened a hand full of times since we have lived here in Texas and neither of the girls have spent much time playing in the snow. So we dismissed the idea of breakfast and ran around the house looking for clothes that would keep us warm enough to venture outside. Sadly, my camera was on its last leg of battery but I was able to snap a few pictures of the girls before it died.



Yes, Little Sister in still in her PJ's - She woke up just as Big Sister and I were about to go outside and I did not think Big Sister could hold in her excitement until I got Little Sister changed so I threw on her jacket and shoes and we were on our way!
Well, because I have was sick (and quite lazy during that time) for days - I now have to go clean the house, do the laundry, and actually cook my family dinner tonight (I am thinking its a good night for chili and cornbread!). I will leave you with this adorable picture of Big Sister that was taken a few nights ago when she wanted to be "just like daddy!" - though, the disclaimer has to be made that I do not think I have ever or will ever see Daddy wearing pink Winnie the pooh PJ's :)

No comments:
Post a Comment