This blog is just for fun. I "borrowed" both of these off two of the blogs I read on a regular basis.
The first one is from my friend Angela's blog.
A few days ago (actually I think it was more like a few weeks ago) Angela had this contest on her blog asking her readers to give their 5 "sense" that they have gained from their personal experience as a homemaker. I did not get it done in time for the contest, but I still think it is pretty fun so I thought I would do it now.

("borrowed" this from her blog too!)
A few of my 5 "sense" are products that I love to have in my house that I tend to use everyday and the others are things in my day to day life that have worked for us.
#1 Coffee:
Its true - I do not like coffee by itself, actually I can't stand it, but with a little french vanilla creamer...YUMMY! I am not even sure if it is the actual coffee or just the daily morning routine of drinking it that helps me start off my day.
#2 Having a weekly cleaning schedule:
Neither K nor I have ever been people that like to clean, so keeping the house clean has always been something that we constantly have to work on. A weekly cleaning schedule of doing the laundry, bathrooms, bedrooms, etc. on different days, breaks up the work helps me keep the house semi-clean (to tell you that my house is always clean - would be a big fat lie!) and I then I usually don't have to do everything in one day --unless I cheat and have to catch up :) Its much easier to be in a good mood when the house is clean.
#3 Glade Scented Oil Candles:
They really do fill your room up with fragrance in very little time. In our house, we used to have two in diapers and now one is potty training...sometimes things don't always smell that great. I just keep a pack of refills in the house and as soon as I light one, the house begins to smell amazing! They also have an amazing Apple Cinnamon scent that always puts me in the mood for Christmas - even in July!
#4 Disney Movies & A Baby Gate:
Being a mom of two VERY active girls, I do not get much time to myself to do anything (shower, makeup, curl hair, etc.). I find that in the mornings if I put on one of my kids favorite Disney movies and put up the baby gate in the living room door - I can take a shower and get ready for the day with out the kids running around and getting in trouble. Shaves a good 30-40 minutes off my morning routine.
#5 Time With Other Adults:
Whether its time to talk with K after the kids go to asleep, talking to friends during playdates, or even a phone calls or text messages from family...time with other adults is the one thing that keeps me sane after spending all day and some nights with my kids. These times remind me that there is more to me then just being a stay at home mom - time that I can have an adult conversation even if it is all about the kids.
Wow...that was actually harder then I thought it would be. I challenge all of you to post your 5 "sense" on your blog even if you are not a stay at home mom - we want to know what 5 things help you get through the day.
The Second thing that I swiped from a blog is from The Smith's Blog. I have seen it a few times before but they just posted it this week and I always wondered how I am do on their reading list so here it goes....
The BBC believes most people will have read only 6 of the 100 books listed here. How do your reading habits stack up? Share with your fellow readers. Copy, edit, and paste into a note of your own.
1 Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen YES
2 The Lord of the Rings - JRR Tolkien NO
3 Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte NO
4 Harry Potter series - JK Rowling NO
5 To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee YES
6 The Bible - Old Testament YES (most of it at least)
7 Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte YES
8 Nineteen Eighty Four - George Orwell YES
9 His Dark Materials - Philip Pullman NO
10 Great Expectations - Charles Dickens YES
11 Little Women - Louisa M Alcott YES
12 Tess of the D’Urbervilles - Thomas Hardy NO
13 Catch 22 - Joseph Heller NO
14 Complete Works of Shakespeare Complete? NO
15 Rebecca - Daphne Du Maurier NO
16 The Hobbit - JRR Tolkien NO
17 Birdsong - Sebastian Faulk NO
18 Catcher in the Rye - JD Salinger YES
19 The Time Traveller’s Wife - Audrey Niffenegger NO
20 Middlemarch - George Eliot NO
21 Gone With The Wind - Margaret Mitchell NO
22 The Great Gatsby - F Scott Fitzgerald YES
23 Bleak House - Charles Dickens NO
24 War and Peace - Leo Tolstoy NO
25 The Hitch Hiker’s Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams NO
26 Brideshead Revisited - Evelyn Waugh NO
27 Crime and Punishment - Fyodor Dostoyevsky NO
28 Grapes of Wrath - John Steinbeck NO
29 Alice in Wonderland - Lewis Carroll YES
30 The Wind in the Willows - Kenneth Grahame YES
31 Anna Karenina - Leo Tolstoy NO
32 David Copperfield - Charles Dickens NO
33 Chronicles of Narnia - CS Lewis YES
34 Emma - Jane Austen YES
35 Persuasion - Jane Austen YES
36 The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe - CS Lewis YES
37 The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini NO
38 Captain Corelli’s Mandolin - Louis De Bernieres Mais NO
39 Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden NO
40 Winnie the Pooh - AA Milne YES
41 Animal Farm - George Orwell NO
42 The Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown NO
43 One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez NO
44 A Prayer for Owen Meany - John Irving NO
45 The Woman in White - Wilkie Collins NO
46 Anne of Green Gables - LM Montgomery YES
47 Far From The Madding Crowd - Thomas Hardy NO
48 The Handmaid’s Tale - Margaret Atwood NO
49 Lord of the Flies - William Golding NO
50 Atonement - Ian McEwan NO
51 Life of Pi - Yann Martel NO
52 Dune - Frank Herbert NO
53 Cold Comfort Farm - Stella Gibbons NO
54 Sense and Sensibility - Jane Austen YES
55 A Suitable Boy - Vikram Seth NO
56 The Shadow of the Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafon NO
57 A Tale Of Two Cities - Charles Dickens NO
58 Brave New World - Aldous Huxley NO
59 The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time NO
60 Love In The Time Of Cholera - Gabriel Garcia Marquez NO
61 Of Mice and Men - John Steinbeck NO
62 Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov NO
63 The Secret History - Donna Tartt NO
64 The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold NO
65 Count of Monte Cristo - Alexandre Dumas NO
66 On The Road - Jack Kerouac NO
67 Jude the Obscure - Thomas Hardy NO
68 Bridget Jones’s Diary - Helen Fielding NO
69 Midnight’s Children - Salman Rushdie NO
70 Moby Dick - Herman Melville YES
71 Oliver Twist - Charles Dickens YES
72 Dracula - Bram Stoker NO
73 The Secret Garden - Frances Hodgson Burnett YES
74 Notes From A Small Island - Bill Bryson NO
75 Ulysses - James Joyce NO
76 The Inferno - Dante NO
77 Swallows and Amazons - Arthur Ransome NO
78 Germinal - Emile Zola NO
79 Vanity Fair - William Makepeace Thackeray NO
80 Possession - AS Byattn NO
81 A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens YES
82 Cloud Atlas - David Mitchell NO
83 The Color Purple - Alice Walker YES
84 The Remains of the Day - Kazuo Ishiguro NO
85 Madame Bovary - Gustave Flaubert NO
86 A Fine Balance - Rohinton Mistry NO
87 Charlotte’s Web - EB White YES
88 The Five People You Meet In Heaven - Mitch Albom NO
89 Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle YES
90 The Faraway Tree Collection - Enid Blyton NO
91 Heart of Darkness - Joseph Conrad NO
92 The Little Prince - Antoine De Saint-Exupery YES
93 The Wasp Factory - Iain Banks NO
94 Watership Down - Richard Adams NO
95 A Confederacy of Dunces - John Kennedy Toole NO
96 A Town Like Alice - Nevil Shute NO
97 The Three Musketeers - Alexandre Dumas YES
98 Hamlet - William Shakespeare NO
99 Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Roald Dahl YES
100 Les Miserables - Victor Hugo NO
I did better then the 6 that they predicted but not as many as I thought. I guess now I have a great list of books that I can pick books from...though probably will not be reading a few of them...some just dont interest me.
No comments:
Post a Comment